Life itsels is already complicated enough by itself, yet a lot of people know countless ways to make it even more complicated. Whenever you feel you are having a hard time, the following five suggestions might help you to make life a bit easier. Some of them can be easily implemented right away, others might take some practise.
- Do what you like to do most. Whenever you spend a considerable amount of your days on things you don’t like or even hate, something is wrong. Very wrong. Doing things you don’t like affects your emotional state of mind like an unhealthy diet affects your physical well-being.
- Keep it simple. People very often make situations much more complicated than they actually are. Whenever you feel like you ended up in a complicated situation, try to look at your problem from ‘above’. What do you see? What is the problem that requires a solution? The problem that requires a solution is the only problem relevant. Whatever can’t be solved, is not a problem.
- Accept things the way they are. Problems that can’t be solved, are usually not problems but facts. A lot of people mix them up, and have an extremely difficult time because they try to fix something that can’t be fixed, solve something that is not a problem or refuse to believe something that is an absolute truth. One warning: A lot of people also easily believe they can’t solve something anyway, despite it being a problem. Don’t give up too easily!
- Forgive and move on. Lives are being ruined because of hate and anger. I am certainly not telling you that you have to accept everything people do to you, but at some point, hate and anger don’t serve any other purpose than your pride.
- Be aware. This might be the hardest, yet most important item in this post. Be aware of what is going on around you, be aware of your own role, attitude and thinking process. By simply analyzing the way you handle a difficult situation, you can learn so much about yourself. Being aware about yourself is a big step in the process of living an easier life.
I’m really curious to figure out how you make things easier for yourself once things become difficult. Don’t hesitate to drop a comment!
Image by gundolf