There are probably many rules that can help you to make your life work, or simply help you to make it better. To make things easier, I gathered ten rules that could help you to make things work in your life. They helped me to get things done, and they also painfully remind me about those times where I failed because of not following these rules. If you have good experience with these rules, or bad ones caused by not following them, please do not hesitate to share your comment with other readers.
1. Feel good, feel good about yourself and the things you do. If you cannot make yourself feel good about something, drop it! To be able to do so, in your mind, your body must be in the right and healthy state to be able to do so.
2. Know what you are doing, why you are doing it and believe in it. A lot of people either have no idea what they are doing, don’t know why they do what they do or don’t believe their acts contribute anything to the goals they set for themselves, if any.
3. Take risk. Many great things achieved in history were achieved by men and women taking extraordinary risks. But even by taking a little bit of risk you can already achieve a lot. Taking risk also means you have to accept it, so that you can anticipate on it.
4. Turn clear vision into a clear mission. A lot of people have great ideas, but didn’t think them through and didn’t make it their purpose to do anything with it. Imagine that everyone on earth would make a mission of bringing his or her best idea into practise. We would live in a much nicer worls.
5. Share your goal with people. Be with your team and empower them, so they get excited. One can achieve great goals alone, but they are not worth much when they are not contributing to anyone else’s life than yours.
6. Say things in a powerful way. Powerful does not mean angry, nor that you should scream at the top of your lungs when you try to make a point. By standing firmly for what you believe and seriously making it clear thought powerful expression, you can achieve more.
7. Smile. Some people forget to smile. Put a smile in everything you do. Even if you make a damn serious point about something negative, try to create a point where you talk about the positive and smile.
9. Don’t move under pressure. A lot of people panic when the slightest pressure is being put on them. If you strongly believe in what you stand for, if you have thought through what you want to achieve and how you are going to do that, there is no need to panic.
10. Begin with the end in mind. Don’t go with the flow. Don’t wait to see what life has in mind for you. Nothing will come. No one who ever achieved great things did so by sitting and waiting for whatever would come. If you want to win the lottery, you have to buy a ticket! Know where you are going, and you will get there.
Photo by xerolime